“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” ― Brene Brown
For all its beauty and wonder, life can also be really hard. In a world full of loneliness, overwhelming demands, anxiety, and depression, life’s challenges sometimes blind you to the “big picture” of living in a way that brings deep satisfaction and joy. If you want to reclaim a more fulfilling life that honors your deepest values, individual counseling can help.
Individual Counseling Offers Customized Help and Tools
At Colorado Counseling Center, your counselor will assist you in a very personalized, safe, professional, and non-judgemental way. You will grow in your ability to identify the sources of your distress, deepen your sense of self-acceptance, discover your strengths, and get in touch with your truest values. Most importantly, you’ll begin to live a life you were meant for.
Individual Therapy Specialties
When you know you need help with a specific challenge, you want help from someone who has specialized knowledge and expertise. Our counselors are here to help you. Here are some of the specialties we offer at Colorado Counseling Center:
- Anxiety Counseling
- Depression Counseling
- Counseling for Pornography Addiction / Out of Control Sexual Behavior
- EMDR Counseling for PTSD or Trauma
- Counseling for grief and loss
- Counseling for “burnout” issues
- Counseling to find deeper meaning and life purpose
- Counseling for life transitions and changes
- Counseling to improve your relationships (we offer this for individuals as well as for couples and families)
- Help with finding your voice
- Self-Esteem and Self-Care Counseling
- Counseling to increase personal resilience and strength
- Counseling to improve and establish healthy coping skills
- Counseling to overcome negative thinking patterns and increase realistic optimism
- Counseling to help you harness your motivation and focus
- Counseling to overcome feelings of shame and increase your sense of being worthy of love and connection
- Counseling to help you “get unstuck” and move forward in life
- Counseling to help you with difficult decisions – we’ll help you clarify your objectives, understand your feelings of ambivalence or lack of trust in yourself, identify your support systems and how to access them, and support you as you choose the options that allow you to stay true to your values and move forward from a place of strength.
Empower yourself by getting support!
Working together with us, you can get on your way to truly living and enjoying life again! Whether you just need a few “booster sessions” or you need the safe haven of solid and consistent support, individual counseling / therapy can help you move forward, become your best self, and live the life you deserve.