Due to the impact of COVID-19, this job opening has been postponed. Although we hope to hire by mid-summer of 2020, further developments may necessitate additional delays. If you are interested in applying, please submit the interest questionnaire on this page. We will be in touch with you when we resume the application process.
Job Opening: Therapist
Couples & Individual Therapist
(Fully licensed preferred, but provisionally licensed individuals may also apply.)
This position is for our Centennial and Denver locations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBD
ANTICIPATED START DATE: TBD
- Do you want to love your life as a therapist?
- Are you passionate about doing excellent clinical work with clients?
Colorado Counseling Center is a thriving group therapy practice (we see hundreds of new clients each year) with locations in Denver, Centennial, and Castle Rock. While CCC’s core clinical focus is working with couples from an EFT model, we have a growing multidisciplinary team with therapists who are also highly trained in EMDR and AEDP. When we hire, we hope to keep great team members for the long-term.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Possess a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work from an accredited University.
- Possess a Colorado license in a mental health field (e.g., LMFT, LPC, LCSW, Licensed Psychologist) or provisional license (e.g., MFTC, LPCC, LSW, Provisional Psychologist) prior to employment, including registration with DORA. If you have a provisional license, you must demonstrate that you are actively preparing for full licensure.
- Completion of the EFT Externship prior to employment (Core Skills enrollment/completion is a plus). The ONLY exception to this requirement is if you can provide proof of registration for an upcoming EFT externship in the near future.
- EFT Externship options can be found at https://iceeft.com/events/category/externships/
- Availability to work 4-5 days per week, including at least 4 evenings from 5 pm–8 pm, or 3 evenings from 5 pm–9 pm.
- Availability to work toward a full time schedule of seeing 20-25 clients per week.
- Must be available to attend monthly team meetings.
- Desire to make a career in a group practice setting.
- Commitment to building the success and positive reputation of Colorado Counseling Center.
- Ability to work independently as well as desire to collaborate in a supportive team environment.
- *If you don’t yet meet these qualifications, please continue to prepare to be a competitive applicant in the future.
In addition to the required qualifications listed above, competitive applicants will possess the following attributes:
- Passionate about being/becoming an excellent therapist and providing excellent clinical care—both in session and with other standard clinical tasks (e.g., documentation of sessions, collecting payment, follow-up, coordination with other professionals, etc.).
- Commitment to lifelong learning and growth.
- Possess a good understanding of Attachment Theory as it relates to clinical practice.
- Additional areas of expertise are a definite plus (e.g., AEDP, EMDR, Grief Counseling, Sex Therapy, Teen Therapy, etc.)
- Ideal candidates will be motivated, engaging, warm, honest, reliable, and professional.
- Proficiency in using technology (or comfort in learning our systems quickly).
- Willingness to be a team player by writing periodic blog posts, attending periodic networking events, and actively participating in team meetings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Openness to asking for help and receiving feedback.
- Desire to pursue a long-term career in a strong group practice.
Benefits of Working at Colorado Counseling Center:
If you want to love your life as a therapist, this position could be a great fit for you!
Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Competitive compensation while promoting good work/life balance.
- Eligibility for Paid Time Off and productivity bonuses.
- Company sponsored in-service trainings.
- Rock-star administrative support (answering phones, billing, scheduling, etc.).
- Excellent systems; e.g., online scheduling and notes systems (we’re paper-free!).
- Be part of a friendly and professional team.
- An environment of warmth and excellence where you’ll be supported in becoming your best self as a therapist.
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Complete our Employment Questionnaire Below
- Submit BOTH your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your application is accepted for further review, you will be contacted by Colorado Counseling Center to schedule an initial telephone/zoom interview.
- If you are selected to move forward in the interview process following the telephone interview, you will be invited for final in-person interviews. You will need to provide three recently written references at this time, including two from professional colleagues in the field of counseling/therapy. We also do background checks and/or licensure/grievance checks at this stage of the process.
We look forward to hearing from you!