Due to the high interest in this position, we are no longer accepting applications. If you are interested in working for Colorado Counseling Center in the future, preparing in the following ways will make your application more competitive:
- Complete formal training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (e.g., Externship, Core Skills, Supervision, etc. The more training, the better!).
- Pursue full licensure in your mental health discipline.
- Develop additional expertise in other attachment-oriented modalities or specialties, such as AEDP, EMDR, sex therapy, grief therapy, and working with teens and their families.
- Carefully read the job description (below) about past opportunities at CCC. This will help you determine if a future position here would be a good fit for you.
If you meet these criteria above and would like to be contacted when the next opportunity arises, please take both of the following steps:
- Email your cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our Employment Interest Questionnaire below.
If your application materials indicate that you might be a good fit for future positions, we will contact you when we advertise for the next open position.
PAST JOB DESCRIPTION
Couples & Individual Therapist
(Fully licensed preferred, but provisionally licensed individuals may also apply.)
This position is for our Centennial and Denver locations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 9, 2019
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2019
- Do you want to love your life as a therapist?
- Are you passionate about doing excellent clinical work with clients?
Colorado Counseling Center is a thriving group therapy practice (we see hundreds of new clients each year) with locations in Denver, Centennial, and Castle Rock. While CCC’s core clinical focus is working with couples from an EFT model, we have a growing multidisciplinary team with therapists who are also highly trained in EMDR and AEDP. When we hire, we hope to keep great team members for the long-term.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Possess a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work from an accredited University.
- Possess a Colorado license in a mental health field (e.g., LMFT, LPC, LCSW, Licensed Psychologist) or provisional license (e.g., MFTC, LPCC, LSW) prior to employment, including registration with DORA. If you have a provisional license, you must demonstrate that you are actively preparing for full licensure.
- Completion of the EFT Externship prior to employment (Core Skills enrollment/completion is a plus). The ONLY exception to this requirement is if you can provide proof of registration for an upcoming EFT externship in the near future.
- EFT Externship options can be found at https://iceeft.com/events/category/externships/
- Availability to work 4-5 days per week, including at least 3 evenings from 5pm–8pm.
- Availability to work toward a full time schedule of seeing 20-25 clients per week.
- Must be available to attend monthly team meetings.
- Desire to make a career in a group practice setting.
- Commitment to building the success and positive reputation of Colorado Counseling Center.
- Ability to work independently as well as desire to collaborate in a supportive team environment.
- *If you don’t yet meet these qualifications, please continue to prepare to be a competitive applicant in the future.
In addition to the required qualifications listed above, competitive applicants will possess the following attributes:
- Passionate about being/becoming an excellent therapist and providing excellent clinical care—both in session and with other standard clinical tasks (e.g., documentation of sessions, collecting payment, follow-up, coordination with other professionals, etc.).
- Commitment to lifelong learning and growth.
- Possess a good understanding of Attachment Theory as it relates to clinical practice.
- Additional areas of expertise are a definite plus (e.g., AEDP, EMDR, Grief Counseling, Sex Therapy, Teen Therapy, etc.)
- Ideal candidates will be motivated, engaging, honest, reliable, and professional.
- Proficiency in using technology (or comfort in learning our systems quickly).
- Willingness to be a team player by writing periodic blog posts, attending periodic networking events, and actively participating in team meetings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Openness to asking for help and receiving feedback.
- Desire to pursue a long-term career in a strong group practice.
Benefits of Working at Colorado Counseling Center:
If you want to love your life as a therapist, this position could be a great fit for you!
Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Competitive compensation while promoting good work/life balance.
- Company sponsored inservice trainings.
- Rock-star administrative support (answering phones, billing, scheduling, etc.).
- Excellent systems; e.g., online scheduling and notes systems (we’re paper-free!).
- Be part of a friendly and professional team.
- An environment of warmth and excellence where you’ll be supported in becoming your best self as a therapist.
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Complete our Employment Questionnaire.
- Submit BOTH your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- If your application is accepted for further review, you will be contacted by Colorado Counseling Center to schedule an initial telephone interview and/or to take the next steps. You will need to provide three recently written references at this time, including two from professional colleagues in the field of counseling/therapy.
- If you are selected to move forward in the interview process following the telephone interview, you will be invited for final in-person interviews. We also do background checks and/or licensure/grievance checks at this stage of the process.
We look forward to hearing from you!