Colorado Counseling Center is one of the leading group practices in Colorado specializing in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
When your relationship is in trouble, simple worksheets and gimmicky communication strategies aren’t going to save it. Your challenges and needs go deeper than that. You’ve already sought advice from your friends. Although you appreciate their support, you don’t need more people to side against your partner. You need a professional who is on your side as a couple, and someone who knows how to help you move forward together. You need help to reconnect, heal, and feel like true partners again.
Emotionally Focused Therapy addresses the root causes of disconnection and miscommunication in relationships. You don’t want to waste time addressing symptoms—you want to get to the core issues that can make or break your relationship.
The Real Needs in Couples Relationships:
All of us come into this world needing the security of loving relationships. This need for safe emotional connection is lifelong—it stays with us from the cradle to the grave. When you fear that your partner isn’t there for you, that you don’t really matter, or that you can’t turn to him/her for comfort and strength, your relationship can easily slip into negative patterns that reinforce your fears and your disconnection.
The core of pain, conflict, and distance that you’re experiencing likely comes from your answers to these questions:
- Are you there for me? Are we in this together?
- Am I important to you?
- Can I turn to you for comfort and strength?
- If I am hurting or afraid, will you come to me?
- Do you accept and value me for who I am? Can relax and be my real self with you?
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) can help you get right to the heart of the matter—bringing back the acceptance, belonging, comfort, and connection that you want to feel with your partner.
How can EFT help us save our marriage?
Emotionally Focused Therapy helps you get unstuck from negative patterns and build secure bonds of love and trust. As this happens, you build confidence that you can truly count on each other. You both come to trust each other to “be there” during both the joyful and the difficult moments of life. In this way, EFT helps you create a safe haven within your relationship:
- Your relationship can become a place where each of you feels deeply valued.
- Both of you will learn to confidently turn to each other for comfort and strength
- You’ll gain a solid sense of partnership where you work together to address challenges.
- Your sense of true belonging will increase as your relationship becomes a place where you are unafraid to be yourself.
With the help of Emotionally Focused Therapy, you can create a connection that becomes the foundation for a lifetime of love.
Why should I choose a trained EFT therapist over another marriage counselor?
Couples counseling is our passion at Colorado Counseling Center. We know that your relationship is your most important possession—so when you need help, you deserve the very best approach. All of our couples counselors have trained in the most effective approach to helping save marriages: Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- Proven Effectiveness: EFT is based not only on solid research about marriage and the nature of love, but also on research about how to help people change the patterns in marriage and establish loving bonds.
- Lasting Results: When you and your partner do the work to save your relationship, you want lasting results—love and closeness you can count on. Research shows that positive results from Emotionally Focused Therapy remain stable for most couples long after they have finished counseling. When you’ve done the work, you can feel confident that your relationship will thrive long after therapy has stopped.
- Continual Improvement: While Emotionally Focused Therapy has been studied for several decades, our knowledge of how to best help couples continues to advance. New findings and knowledge from various fields (e.g., neuroscience, attachment/adult bonding, etc.) are continuously integrated into our approach in helping couples like you improve your marriage or partnership.
If you’d like to increase your closeness, improve communication, stop fighting, or renew the spark of early courtship, then EFT can work for you. Act now to take a real step toward restoring love, trust, and intimacy in your marriage.
Emotionally Focused Therapy Testimonials
“One of the few approaches to marital therapy that has been proven to be effective.” —Jay Lebow, Ph.D, President, Division of Family Psychology of the American Psychological Association
“EFT gives a proven road map to the process of change in couple therapy.” —John Gottman, Ph.D, Bestselling author of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
“EFT is one of the best documented, most substantive and well researched approaches to couple therapy.” —Alan S. Gurman, Ph.D
“EFT has achieved an astounding 75 percent success rate. Results are lasting!” —American Psychological Association