Preventing the spread of the pandemic requires all of us as respectful citizens to use common sense and follow expert recommendations. Please follow all current CDC guidelines as well as those from the state and local government to protect your health and the health of our other clients and employees. Current guidelines from state public health and regulatory officials mandate that clients and therapists wear masks during in-person sessions.
If any of the following conditions apply, please schedule telehealth sessions rather than attending therapy in-person:
- If you feel uncomfortable with in-person sessions.
- If you don’t wish to wear a mask while in session, telehealth may be a better option—to promote clearer communication of emotion and facial expressions.
- If you or other household members are in a higher-risk category for the illness.
- If you feel sick or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or any family members test positive for COVID-19, please do not schedule any in-person sessions until you have been symptom-free for at least 21 days.
For in-person sessions, please use your own best judgment, in addition to following these guidelines:
- Refrain from shaking hands with or touching your counselor.
- Use hand sanitizer after blowing your nose or sneezing.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Please use a barrier when opening doors or operating elevators (e.g., a clean facial tissue).
- Maintain social distance from other clients while in the waiting areas. If this is not possible, please wait in your vehicle until just before your appointment time.
- Please wear a mask. Current guidelines from state public health and regulatory officials require clients and therapists to wear masks during in-person sessions.